When it comes to the summer season, there is no better destination than the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Florida. It’s 2019, and there are new attractions due to be opening up in the Fall. At the Walt Disney World Resort, there are still those famous attractions that keep guests on their toes. There are the attractions that provide the nonstop thrills, the hair-raising chills, and garment-soaking spills. They’re all amazing, no matter how long guests wait on the stand-by line, or on the Fast Pass return line. All Walt Disney World guests have their favorite attractions when they visit America’s family playground. Here is the countdown of the top ten thrill, chill, and spill attractions at Walt Disney World.
7) Splash Mountain: (Magic Kingdom): This is one of Disney’s greatest spills. Drop into a whimsical world filled with classic characters and songs on this thrilling log-flume adventure. Who doesn’t love the story of “Song of The South”, with the famous characters-Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear? Who doesn’t know the words to the Academy Award-winning song “Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!”? Height requirement: 40 inches.
6) Avatar Flight of Passage (Disney’s Animal Kingdom): This attraction deserves to be on the thrills list. Guests climb atop a winged mountain banshee for a breathtaking 3D flight over Pandora’s otherworldly landscape. Ever since it’s opening in August 2017, Avatar Flight of Passage still ranks as the guests’ most anticipated attraction. It is Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, on super-magnified. Height requirement: 44 inches.
5) Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster-Starring Aerosmith (Disney’s Hollywood Studios): This is a definite keeper on the thrills list. Guests race along the darkened freeways of Los Angeles in a super-stretch limo to the rockin’ tunes of Aerosmith. Whether it’s “Love In An Elevator”, “F-I-N-E”, or “Dude Looks Like A Lady”, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster-Starring Aerosmith continues to turn the musical world upside down. Height requirement: 48 inches.
4) Mission: Space (EPCOT): Would-be astronaut trainees blast off on a thrilling simulated NASA-style mission to Mars—or orbit the Earth on a more gentle ride through space. This attraction features the green (less intense) and orange (more intense) astronaut flight training experience. Height requirement: 40 inches.
3) Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (Disney’s Hollywood Studios): Since its closing in May 1994, guests curiously enter at their own risk and are greeted and welcomed aboard a service elevator in the deserted Hollywood Tower Hotel. Unexpectedly, they hurtle up and down aboard a haunted elevator-style lift. You’re about to enter… The Twilight Zone! This attraction features a random ride sequence, so guests will never know how their “stay” at the Hollywood Tower Hotel will begin or end. Height requirement: 40 inches.
2) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom): Thrill-seeking guests race through a haunted gold mine aboard a speeding train on this thrilling coaster-style ride. It’s amazing how all guests remember the famous spiel by heart, “Howdy folks, please keep your hands and arms inside the train, and remain seated at all times. Hold on to your personal belongin’s now, especially them hats and glasses, as this here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness!”. Height requirement: 40 inches.
1) Expedition: Everest (Disney’s Animal Kingdom): Topping the list of Disney thrills, Mt. Everest explorers careen through icy Himalayan peaks on a speeding train while avoiding the clutches of the mythic Yeti. Ever since opening in April 2006, Expedition: Everest’s forward and backward thrills have kept guests aware of the mythical creature that guards Florida’s highest mountain. Height requirement: 44 inches.