A cruise: a pleasure voyage on a ship, usually with stops at various ports. That’s one definition. The more appropriate definition is “a never-ending floating party on the move”. Cruises offer so much to do, so much to experience, and so many new things to try. Cruises enable people of all ages to break outside their comfort zones and discover a whole new meaning of the term “vacation”. Whether sailing on a seven or ten day adventure, cruises provide never-ending excitement. Group cruises feature occasions of all types. Theme cruises tell a whole other story. From special interests, to musical tastes, to once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, guests get to explore the world in the most unique ways. Theme cruises are vacation experiences not to miss. If anyone wants to explore the world outside the box, here are five best theme cruise experiences worth raving about.
5) Star Trek-The Cruise: Long live the greatest sci-fi television and film series ever created! Star Trek first aired in 1966. Followed by millions of sci-fi fans from around the world, this is an adventure that takes guests “where no man has gone before”. Star Trek has been a part of our TV and movie culture for more than fifty years. Everyone remembers turning on their television sets and tuning in to this legendary show. Who can’t remember the iconic Star Trek musical score?! Movie goers still can’t get enough of the Star Trek fever. On January 5th and January 11th, 2018, the magnificent Norwegian Jade will be the hosting vessel. Well-known Star Trek stars including Geroge Takei will be on hand for autograph signings and a smorgasbord of special events. The Norwegian Jade will be sailing from Miami to the Caribbean and Norwegian’s Harvest Caye in Belize. Adventure begins at www.startrekthecruise.com.
4) Flower Power Cruise: Any 60s music fans out there? This is of the best theme cruises not to pass up. February 24th, 2018, the magnificent Celebrity Summit will be hosting the grooviest trip at sea. The Flower Power Cruise takes guests back in time to when the most famous bands rocked the stage and the radio waves. Hosted by The Monkees’ Mickey Dolenz, the Flower Power Cruise will feature performers including The Hollies, Herman’s Hermits, The Guess Who, and The Grass Roots. Among the on-board activities will be a special wedding vow renewal ceremony, trivia contests, dance contests, and pool parties. The Flower Power Cruise is a cruise experience like no other. The Flower Power Cruise is one of the most highly anticipated and love-filled travel experiences on the high seas. The Celebrity Summit will be the grooviest ship afloat. The grooviest cruise vacation in the world begins at www.flowerpowercruise.com.
3) Blue Note At Sea: A full week of jazz on a cruise ship? Why not?! Jazz fans should mark their calendars and pack their bags. Blue Note At Sea is stealing the show once again. Blue Note At Sea defines what is now and hip in the world of jazz while retaining and respecting those elements which make jazz a leading music genre throughout the world. The hosting ship will be the magnificent Celebrity Summit. The Celebrity Summit will be departing from Ft. Lauderdale to the ports of Labadee, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Coco Cay. Labadee and Coco Cay are Royal Caribbean’s private ports-of-call. The cruise will feature a lineup of performers which guests will not experience anywhere else. The Blue Note At Sea cruise will feature jazz performers including Leslie Odom, Jr., Chick Corea, Marcus Miller, Dee Dee Bridgewater, David Sandborn, and Charles Lloyd & The Marvels. The Blue Note At Sea cruise emcee will be Don Was. Blue Note At Sea is calling all jazz fans to step aboard the Celebrity Summit be a part of a seven-day extravaganza they’ll never forget. It will be the smoothest and coolest cruise of 2018. Jazz fans can book at www.bluenoteatsea.com.
2) Bare-Necessities “The Big Nude Boat”: With its popularity rapidly increasing over the past ten years, nude cruising is an traveling adventure unlike anything in the world. Nude recreation has rapidly increased in popularity among young adults. There is simply no better way to soak up the ocean breeze, the sun’s rays, and a ship’s main pool than in the nude. No travel company does nude cruises like Bare-Necessities Tour & Travel. Bare-Necessities Tour & Travel is based in Austin, TX. Bare-Necessities Tour & Travel, has been known for its warm hospitality and fond cruising memories since 1990. On February 2nd, 2018, the beautiful Carnival Victory will sail on a memorable ten-day voyage to the ports of Half Moon Cay, Amber Cove, Curacao, Bonaire, and Aruba. From lounging on the sun deck in the nude, to soaking up the sand and surf in the nude, and enjoying the friendly company of others in the nude, a Bare-Necessities nude cruise is the perfect cruise experience for ages eighteen and up. The Bare-Necessities nude cruise is set to “take off” on February 2nd, 2018. The fun starts at www.cruisebare.com.
1) The 80s Cruise: The 80s were a decade that undeniably defined music. Those who grew up in the 80s were exposed to the most unique terminology. The 80s were a decade filled with words such as “bogart”, “ditz”, and “amped”, and expressions including “Gag me with a spoon!”, “Get real!”, and “What’s crackalackin?”. The 80s Cruise is the cruise which these terms will come flying back. The 80s Cruise will once again be sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean aboard the magnificent Celebrity Summit. The Celebrity Summit will be sailing round-trip to the ports of Nassau, St. Thomas, Tortola, and Coco Cay. The 80s Cruise will feature a lineup of the finest 80s performers. The linup will include Mike & The Mechanics (In The Living Years), Loverboy (Everybody’s Working For The Weekend), The Tubes (She’s A Beauty), Katrina (Walking On Sunshine), and Tommy Tutone (Jenny I’ve Got Your Number). The 80s Cruise will be feature Sirius XM’s “80s on 8” DJ’s Nina Blackwood, Alan Hunter, and Mark Goodman. The 80s Cruise can’t have a better emcee for 2018, other than 80s rock legend Rick Springfield. Does everyone “got the 411”? The 80s Cruise is the “bomb”. The party starts by booking at www.the80scruise.com.
It is without a doubt that cruising is the greatest way to explore the world in one week or more. The entertainment is simply non-stop. With theme cruises, the entertainment is guaranteed to be non-stop. Theme cruises give guests the opportunity to vacation with an exclamation point. Star Trek stars and fans will be taking over the Norwegian Jade. The Celebrity Summit will again be hosting the Flower Power Cruise, The 80s Cruise, and the Blue Note At Sea cruise. The Fun Ship, Carnival Victory, will be hosting more than twenty-eight hundred guests on an adventure which only mother nature can reward them with. There are a multitude of ways to enjoy cruising. Regardless of how avid cruisers take to the waves, the fun is non-stop. The top five theme cruises are as packed with excitement as promised. Theme cruises, no matter what the tone or dress code, legitimately define how cruising was meant to be.